- This event has passed.
Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
April 13, 2012 @ 6:15 pmSee below for prices
Join us for a guided tour of the Museum’s American Wing. After a four year renovation the American Wing reopened in January 2012 to rave reviews.
Your journey will carry you from the art of the 17th century colonists through the 20th century masterpieces.
Your tour begins with the sculpture of Augustus St. Gaudins of the Roman Goddess Diana from the summer home of Louis Comfort Tiffany and the marble façade of the Branch Bank of the US originally, located at Wall Street next to the site of the original City Hall.
• George Washington – 1795 – by Gilbert Stuart
• The Oxbox – 1820s – by Thomas Cole (Called the father of the Hudson River School of Landscape.)
• Washington’s Crossing of the Delaware – 1851 – by Emanuel Leutze
• The Last Moments of John Brown – 1884 – by Thomas Hovenden
• Madame X – 1884 – by John Singer Sargent
• The Verplanck room – 1767 – the furniture and art objects from the Wall Street home of Samuel Verplanck
• The Frank Lloyd Wright room, the residence of Francis W. Little – Wayzata , Mn. 1912-1914
• And much more
Adult members $28
Adult non-members $32
Member seniors 65 and over $21.50
Non-member seniors $25
All students $17
Participants should meet at the tour desk in the main lobby.